Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Music in Me

When I was younger and off at camp in the summer, my favorite event of the night was singing around the campfire; next to eating those smore's that is LOL
I had several favorite songs I loved to sing back then but over the years some of them just slipped from my mind while other bore a lasting impression and you will find me singing them quite often, to myself mostly, when I am alone. Well I think I am alone...most of the time. I've been caught by the boys on a few occasions sneaking up on me. When Lady is around, and this at first surprised me, she will actually come and sit near me, listen with this sweet look on her face and eventually go to sleep. I'll be the first to admit I don't have the voice of an artist but I have whale d out a good one at times. Just ask the dog ROTFL
This is one of my favorite songs from those days.

Today

Today
While the blossoms still cling to the vine
I'll taste your strawberries
I'll drink your sweet wine
A million tomorrow may all pass away
Then I'll forget
All the joys that were mine
Today

I'll be a dandy
And you'll be a rover
You'll know who I am
By the songs that I sing
I'll feast at your table
I'll drink in your glory
Who cares what tomorrow may bring

Enjoy your day
Huggins
Pat

No comments: